Thursday, July 2, 2009

Happy 2nd of July!

Hey,


It is officially the second, which of course, means absolutely nothing. Well, it's actually closer to the third by now but anyhoo....

At work today I cleaned the Spanish church. Well to be more precise, I cleaned the floors of the Spanish church with some kind of carpet cleaner. I will have to take a picture of said cleaner sometime soon, but truth is....we don't get along exactly. You see, just when I think I have him figured out, he goes and does something weird. I already have to redo the hallway in the Office building due to some very long and very ugly dark streaks left by yours truly when he thought he was cleaning. Well, I think I have him or it figured out.

You see cleaning the carpet is a multi-step process
1. You have to vacuum the floor area wished to be cleaned. Dyson, I love you!
2. then you have to spray a SMALL area with this special cleaner. It's called Citrus Gel Floor Cleaner or something like that. It comes in a tube about the size of a tube of caulk, and it looks like a wet toothpaste. You dilute it in a ridiculous amount of water and then you clean floors with it. The good news is that it is possibly the best smelling cleaner ever invented. Like a combination between lemons and oranges....but mainly lemons.
2b. You have to becareful not to spray to much. If you do, you leave black streaks. Not good.
3. then you scrub the spots that are really bad. Like coffee
4. Then you run cleaner over the spot. The cleaner is a floor shampooer....it works just like when you wash your hair. It sprays water on the carpet, then it vacuums it up....it's sort of like a combo Shop-Vac and a Sprinkler with a spinning brush. On the first run you put water down. Then you do a second run and try to pick up as much as the water as possible, hopefully loaded with cleaner and dirt.
5. Repeat

And that's how you do it. I did the Spanish church on Tuesday and Today. Half on one side and half on the other. Then I put all of the chairs and stuff back that I moved. Just for the record, Piano's are kinda hard to move by yourself (it was on rollers so it wasn't "too bad" but felt like I was going to break it's legs off. I didn't but they were kind of wobbly.

Have a happy 4th and I will try to write tomorrow!
Jeremiah

No comments:

Post a Comment